Very Important Announcement
Following the official recall of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones, the US Department for Transportation has banned the use of these phones if you are flying to or from the United States.
Advice for customers travelling to/from the United States
The safety and security of our customers and crew is always our top priority.
• If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note7, you must not turn your phone on or connect it to any power source during your journey.
• If your bag is checked in at the gate, please remove your Galaxy Note7, and place it in your hand baggage.
• Refer customers to the FAA website for further information
Advice for customers travelling to/from any other destination:
British Airways recommends that you follow the below advice:
• Turn off the device.
• Disconnect the device from any charging equipment.
• Disable all applications that could inadvertently activate the phone (e.g. alarm clock).
• Protect the power switch to prevent its unintentional activation.
• Keep the device in your hand baggage or on your person (do not place it in your checked baggage).
Please be guided accordingly.